Monday, October 25, 2010

Upload

The duck confit is in the oven.



And this delicious duck confit by-product is in our bellies. That's right, duck skin fried in it's own fat. Duck skin cracklins. I would like to take this opportunity to say that I love eating meat and I'm sorry for any vegetarians that may be reading my blog.



Also in our bellies is this pork carnitas recipe that I've raved about before but I'm mentioning it again because it's that good. Don't forget the cilantro.

Today has been a day of catch-up. If you are friends with me on facebook you may have noticed 6 or 7 albums being posted. I was way behind on that aspect of my digital updating, and when I say way behind I mean I had to update my summer album before moving on to actually putting up a fall album. So, if you'd like to get updated and see more extensive detail of the photographic journaling that I already do on there, please, check them out.

Click HERE to finish up our summer adventures
Click HERE to see what we've been doing this final semester
Click HERE to see photos from La Nuit Blanche
Click HERE to see photos from the days surrounding our 1- year France-iversary
Click HERE to see photos from our trip to Nancy (which will be documented on here soon)
Click HERE to see photos from my 24th Birthday
Click HERE to see photos from Fêtes de la Mirabelle 2010

And there are more to come; I still need to update the photo album corresponding with our Metz Culture class (and still need to post on our last few field trips on here).

I will be trying to get all of the aforementioned neglected blog posts up in the next week since come Friday we will have a very welcomed visit from my parents!


Here's Daddy (others call him Jack) and child #8, the strangest dog in the world: Malina. Malina will not be coming along. My wonderful sister-in-law Laura (fellow blogger) will be making sure she doesn't have to suffer in the dog kennel.



And Here's Mommy (others may call her Sue).
I completely hijacked these photos from her webgallery. Thanks Mom.
Get ready, you'll be seeing them in many more pictures in the near future.


Before moving to France with Michael I was what you would call a homebody. Despite always living over 4 hours from home after moving away I managed to visit almost every month and the longest I ever managed to make it was maybe 2 1/2 months. Which also means that the longest I have gone without seeing my parents was, before this point, 2 1/2 months. I expected 1.5 years away to be much more rough than it has been (mostly thanks to Michael and lots of food and drink to keep me occupied), not that there haven't been moments. My fellow stranded (at the time, in Hawaii, for now, in Alaska) sister-in-law Katie (and a fellow blogger) has witnessed said "moments" thanks to one too many glasses of wine and skype chat.

Soon though, the moments will fade. My parents will be here for two full weeks of adventure and when they leave, we will have just over one month left here in Metz. And before we know it, we'll be on a plane flying into Elmira/Corning Regional Airport just in time to spend the holiday season with our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment