Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Somewhat Bearable Summer


Thanks to a 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon, we enjoyed some delicious, homemade frozen yogurt as soon as Michael returned home from work after yesterday's record-breaking 89° day. 

And as much as I hate to complain this early in the "summer" season, I remember being appalled last May when we hit 85°.

In May...MAY
And this is only...APRIL?

And what followed that 85° May day but the "Hottest Summer of U.S. History". I'm thinking this early heat wave has some terrible implications for the summer to come. 

Prove me wrong, Mother Nature. Please?

Now, I'm off to run day-3 of week-7 of the Couch-to-5-K running program far too late in the morning since I've spent all of the cool time editing photos and writing blog posts. 

Not smart, Lauren. Not smart.

2 comments:

  1. I don't envy the heat, but I do envy the ice cream! You can always come cool off in northern PA this summer if it gets too bad. ;)

    Would you like to share that running program? It sounds doable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you can always come out to STL for some ice cream ;-)

      The running program is called, simply, Couch-to-5K. If you google it, the first result is the specific plan I used. And yes, it is very doable, especially with a watch and the use of google maps to figure out a general distance (although, if you run at the high school, that won't be an issue). If you're interested in using google maps though, your brother downloaded some add-on that lets you click a route, but of course, you'd have to ask him how to do that.

      Delete